Tidbits and Resources from a 3rd Grade Teacher!

Welcome to my Blog! Here you will find various links, teacher-made documents, advice, random thoughts/ideas, etc of a third grade teacher. Please feel free to contribute to this page. I love to collaborate with other educators for fun and exciting ideas! Enjoy! Thanks in advance for being patient with me as this blog is being developed...Wendeo

Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Bulletin Board Ideas

I am definitely a bulletin board teacher.  I know a lot of teachers dread the idea of putting up and taking down bulletin boards but I am not one of them.  I was told this love for bulletin boards will change as the years pile on and I become a veteran.  I am not so sure of that and I hope it is not true.  Below you will find some pics of bulletin boards I have used in the past.  I hope you like them.  Leave me some comments to let me know what you think of them or for advice.

I put this bulletin board up a week or two before Easter and left it up for a couple of weeks after Easter.  Everyone loved it.  The kids especially loved the grass.  I found the eggs at Dollar Tree.  I pasted tissue paper behind the holes to make the punch outs colorful. 


Every teacher on our hall has to decorate the main bulletin board at the top of our hall.  This is what I came up with for the month of January, upon our return from Christmas break.  You can easily change the grade to your grade of choice.  It's an easy bulletin board to put up if you don't have much time!


I put this bulletin board in September or October.  I asked my students to bring sunglasses to school.  It was a homework assignment.  I did not tell them why they were being asked to bring them.  They were very eager to find out why they needed sunglasses.  Not everyone remembered to bring their sunglasses.  The students that brought sunglasses were photographed with their glasses on for the bulletin board.  I used various poses (student with globe in his hand, reading newspaper/book, in reading corner, at board solving a problem, at desk, fun poses, etc.)  Each student that brought sunglasses was allowed to pick a friend that did not bring sunglasses to take a picture with as well.  It was fun making this bulletin board.  Next time, I will not use such funky colorful letters for the slogan, however!!!


This was my favorite bulletin board.  I put it up  before Christmas and left it up for a good bit of the winter.  I really hated to take it down.  You will need some book jackets to spice up this bulletin board.  A variation to this could be book suggestions from your students or other teachers.  The snowman came from the clearance rack at Dollar General.  I think it was $0.25.  I could not pass it up. 
Of course, you don't have to use the same color scheme to complete this bulletin board but I personally liked it. 

I will post more bulletin boards in the future.  I hope these four have inspired you.  I really believe in them because they give the students something to look forward to and they are fun to do.  They also let parents know they are entering a place that is warm, friendly, and kid-oriented!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment